After touring the collection firsthand in Stockholm, Sweden, decor expert Trish Johnston created two very different looks using IKEA's new Stockholm collection. Check out her tips to create a neutral look or a bold look, based on your personal style.
The Neutral Look
Above: Stockholm walnut sideboard, Stockholm sofa (in beige), Stockholm flatwoven rug, Stockholm nesting tables, Byholma/Marieberg armchairs, Premiar picture, Rens sheepskin, Hermine throw, Stockholm throw, Sanela cushion covers, Havtorm Farm decorative vase, Smycka dried plants, willow bunch,
1. Create interest with a high impact rug. The wall colour pulls from the rug for a cohesive look.
2. Invest in neutral furniture. This allows you to play with colour all year round. You can add seasonal decor or trendy touches easily to switch up the look!
3. Layer in texture subtly with sheepskins, plaids and natural fiber accents.
The Bold Look
Above: Stockholm sofa in green, Strandmon wing chairs in navy, Banana fiber poufs (stacked as sidetable), Stockholm walnut sideboard, Stockholm walnut nesting tables, Garden stool, Alhede low pile rug, Fejka artificial potted plant, Chrystalidocarpus Lutescens potted plant, Kastanjenot plant pot, Emmie Land cushion cover, Skarblad cushion cover
1. Play with colour. The green sofa makes a bold statement and brings energy to the room. Don't be shy with your wall treatment! Create impact on your walls with bold navy stripes.
2. Add a touch of the unexpected. The chairs here have an unsual shape to them and they work well with the classic lines of the Stockholm sofa.
3. Accessorize! Accessories are a great way to add more sparkle to the space. Palms are always a great choice for a glam environment.
4. Be careful not to go overboard with impact. The rug is low impact and grounds the space.