No more searching under sofa cushions for the remote, once you make this fun felt caddy Steven came up with to keep you organized.
Acrylic felt (two colours)
- Draw a 2' x 4' panel on bristol board; this will act as a template for your felt panels. Cut out three identical felt panels: two of one colour and one of the other.
- Glue your base colour panel and accent panel together using spray glue, creating a single, two coloured panel.
- Fold up the bottom of your new panel, creating a sling where you can store magazines or newspapers. This will be 12 inches.
- Create another 12 inch fold on your third panel, and place this just above your panel.
- Attach your two panels together using fabric glue, and by sewing on two decorative buttons.
Creating the Pocket
- Draw out the size of pocket you would like to create and draw an X connecting all four corners.
- With a sharp blade, cut along your X.
- Fold you triangles back inside your felt flap and secure them down with spray glue.
- Use fabric glue, glue down your flap to your colourful piece of felt. Steven left about an inch of space between the glue line and edge of the felt.
- Allow 12 hours for the glue to dry and set.
- Using fabric glue, attach a decorative flap to the inside opening of your pocket.