If you don't have a lot of storage room in your front entry, a stylish bench might just be the answer. Follow our simple guide to get the look at home.
- To think outside the box we started with an inexpensive bookcase from a big box store.
- Pre-cut pine wood that is 6``w x 1``thick to size (taking into consideration the thickness of the wood when encasing the unit).
- Attach your wood to the unit using construction adhesive and finishing nails.
- Distress the wood using a wire brush, the teeth of a saw, a hammer etc.
- Pre-make your stain in a closed container to let it sit overnight (1 cup of water, 1 cup vinegar, 3 steel wool balls).
- Apply the stain using a foam roller.
- Once dry give your bench a quick sand with fine grip sand paper to give it a bit more of a ructic finish.
- Lay bench on side and attach castors.