What better way to build anticipation during the holidays than with a countdown calendar? Here we show you how to make a fun version for you and your family to enjoy.
White paper sandwich bags
White fabric paint
Silver spray paint
Wooden clothes pegs
Stencil (or make your own)
Dowel (for hanging)
- Cut your felt to size. You need to leave enough room for six rows of four bags.
- Attach dowel to the top by folding a flap at the top and hot gluing the felt together.
- Add two grommets to the top left and right corners. This is where you will add your ribbon to hang it to the wall.
- Measure out where you want 24 grommets to go to hang the bags.
- Add your grommets using your grommet tool.
- Take your stencil and fabric paint and paint 1-24 on the felt.
- Spray paint your clothes pegs silver & let dry.
- Take your white paper bags, fill with treats, and add red ribbon.
- Attach bags to felt using clothes pegs.
- Hang on wall, and let the countdown begin!