Looking to create a gallery wall but don’t know where to start? Follow our step by step instructions to get the look just right.
- Start by placing craft paper on the floor.
- Place frames on top of the craft paper — take your time and play around with the layout.
- Outline each frame shape using a marker.
- Measure where each hanging point is on the frame and mark on craft paper.
- Label each outline so you remember what photo goes where.
- Cut out each frame shape — you should now have a ghost copy of every one of your frames.
Now that you have your layout just right, it’s time for you to get it up on the wall.
- Hang craft paper on the wall using painter's tape.
- Measure two inches between each frame.
- Add nails to your hanging points on the wall.
- Hang frames.
Once you gain confidence creating gallery walls, it’s time to experiment and take it to the next level.
Make sure you add some interesting textures and shapes — here we’ve added a horse head and gold spoons in shadow boxes to add visual interest. Play around with contrasting colours like black & white — you don’t always have to useall matching frames, so experiment with different shapes, sizes and colours.