Growing up and stuck in a bedroom funk that needs a dynamic upgrade? Have a small space but a bold colour you want to incorporate into the mix? Here’s how to transform your bedroom into a tween oasis using coral.
Sources: wall colour, rhubarb 2007-30, Benjamin Moore; bookshelves, lamp/sconces, IKEA; black alligator pillows, shelving accessories, rug, HomeSense; coral bed pillows, alligator console desk/laptop table, chair, Bouclair; white poufs, CB2
1. Choose your bold wall colour
- And stick with it!
2. Create a dynamic focal wall
- Choose the right size bed for your space; for even smaller spaces opt out for a day bed with underneath storage.
- To add height to your focal wall create a canopy over top of your bed with 100 per cent cotton; don’t be afraid to mix colours for a bold strip effect.
- To save space add two bookshelves beside the bed instead of nightstands. Don’t be afraid to add lights to them.
3. Accessorize for drama
- Bring in a lot of different textures like faux alligator, cowhide, and a geometric pattern chair, but stick to a simple black and white to balance out the coral.
- Always a must, accessorize your bookshelves with baskets for extra storage.
- Mirrored accessories bring in an extra glam factor to your space.
- Lastly, simple white bedding with accent pillows really make your space pop.