Pillows have the power to transform a blank couch or chair into a pretty and comfortable sitting area. Here are three easy ways to create fun and chic pillows using a few simple tools.
Nail Head Stamp
Nails (varying head sizes); roofing nails are best
Plank of wood
Sheet of paper
- Draw, or print out the design you wish to stamp on a piece of paper.
- Lay your paper down on a plank.
- Nail through the paper into the wood. The nails will assume the design you have on the paper. Make sure all the nails are hammered in at the same depth
- Rip away the paper.
- Using a foam roller, roll over the tops of your nail heads.
- Press your nail head stamp, down onto your pillow case.
- Let dry.
White canvas pillows
Spray paint (we used gold)
- Use masking tape to make a design on the pillow. Use minimum half an inch of tape.
- Shake spray paint before you begin to ensure even texture.
- Spray top down so you get a mist. You don’t want to be too close to the fabric, otherwise you will get splotches.
- Let air dry for at least a couple of hours before you take the tape off carefully.
2 pillow cases in different colours
- Using an x-acto knife, make triangle slits where you would like your grommets to go (make sure you protect your desk with cardboard underneath).
- Take your grommet and grommet tool and place them in place.
- Hammer them until they attach.
- Once complete you will see the other coloured pillow poke out from underneath.