Want to get in on the dip-dyed trend with your bedding? Achieve the look at home for a fraction of the cost by doing it yourself! It’s easy to make, just be careful not to make a mess.
You can buy a dip dye kit at any craft store. It’s inexpensive and there are tons of colours to choose from.
1 cup of salt
Clear Food Bags
- Twist top of pillow case and fit into clear bag.
- Wrap tape around the bag so no water gets in.
- Wet pillow cases where you want the dye to go.
- Use boiled water with 1 cup of salt and add to bin.
- Add dye (1 packet is enough to dye 2-3 lbs of fabric).
- Dip pillowcases into water to furthest point, leave in for 5 minutes.
- Pull out to next level, leave another 5 mins.
- Pull out a bit further (to create the darkest point) and leave 10 minutes.
- Let dry and then rinse out extra dye until the water runs clear.
- Let dry.
- Iron to set the colour.