Want to treat the tastebuds of your Halloween party guests? Add some dulce de leche to this drool-worthy dessert by Chef Kyla Eaglesham and you'll have the sweetest pumpkins in the patch.
3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
2 large egg yolks
1 large egg
1 2/3 cups canned or jarred dulce de leche
4 mini pumpkins (fresh not waxed)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C).
2. Cut top of mini pumpkins opening wide enough to hollow out seeds and pulp.Hollow out using a melon baller or tablespoon and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and egg in a medium bowl until doubled in volume and eggs hold a slight ribbon, about 2 1/2 minutes. Add dulce de leche; beat until well blended, then gradually add 2 1/2 tbsp. flour; beat until well blended. Divide batter among pumpkins.
4. Bake cakes 12-14 minutes until top is golden brown in color but the centers still jiggle.
5. Transfer sheet to a rack. Allow to cool slightly and serve with ginger or pumpkin ice cream.