3/4 cup whole blueberries, plus more for garnish
3/4 cup blackberries, halved, plus more for garnish
3/4 cup strawberries, sliced, plus more for garnish
1 tbsp port wine
1 250-g block PC Blue Menu Light Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 750-mL container PC Blue Menu Finesse Plain Yogurt
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup naturally sweetened dark chocolate, melted
1 tsp pure cocoa powder, sifted
PC Canola Oil Cooking Spray
1cup PC Blue Menu Crunchy Whole Grain Cereal with Almonds, processed into a coarse meal
fresh thyme, mint or lemon balm
- Toss berries and port together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend cream cheese, yogourt, maple syrup, chocolate and cocoa powder until completely smooth.
- Lightly coat inside of 8- by 4-in. loaf pan with PC Canola Oil Cooking Spray; line interior of pan with plastic wrap. (Make sure to overlap wrap by 3 in. on all sides.)
- Lightly sprinkle 1/3 of cereal on bottom of loaf pan; evenly spread 1/2 of mousse over cereal.
- Scatter half of remaining cereal over mousse. Lightly drain berries and scatter on top of cereal; cover with remaining mousse and top with remaining cereal.
- Place in freezer for a minimum of 8 hours.
- When removing frozen mousse, use excess plastic wrap to pull it out of pan and onto a cutting board; remove plastic. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice frozen mousse into approximately 1-in. pieces; garnish with herbs and berries. Tip: For even slices, use a knife that has been soaking in warm water for a few minutes—just make sure to wipe the blade of excess water and after cutting each slice.
Live Right Now is a national CBC initiative to encourage Canadians to live healthier lives. Want to be part of the movement? Visit LiveRightNow.ca.