Quick Breakfast Fixes
Streamline your morning with one of these tasty breakfast time savers!
Toaster French Toast
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 eggs, 2/3 cup milk and 1/2 tsp vanilla or cinnamon.
- Dunk bread into egg mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
- Heat non-stick pan or griddle on medium-high and coat with non-stick spray.
- Cook toast for about 2 to 3 min per side, until golden.
- Cool and freeze in sealable baggies or a container then toast to order! Top with mix of honey and almond butter or Steven's fave combo, ham, cheese and mustard—it's like a Monte Cristo sandwich!
Morning Smoothie Mix
- Take note of the total volume of dry ingredients needed for one serving of your favourite power-packed smoothie.
- Multiply dry recipe ingredients by at least 10 to make 2 work weeks' worth of mix.
- Combine batch dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well and transfer to an airtight container.
- Store a one-serving scoop (see Step 1) inside the container. Each morning, all you need to do is pull out your one container of mix, scoop and go!
Tea-Flavoured Thermos Oatmeal
- Make an extra 1 1/2 cups of your favourite flavoured tea (e.g. blueberry, chai, raspberry, etc.) and transfer to a Thermos. Tea is a great way to add flavour without added sugar or artificial ingredients.
- Add 1/2 cup rolled oats, dried fruit and nuts. Stir to combine. By the time you get to work, your hearty oatmeal will be ready to enjoy!