The secret ingredient is cookies!
1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (see instructions below)
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
3 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tbsp bourbon
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 to 6 oz. each)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- To make cookie crumbs, purée gingersnaps and transfer to a shallow dish. (You could also use plain oatmeal or digestif-style cookies as long as they don't contain chips or fruit. Steven prefers gingersnaps because of their spicy flavour and touch of salt.)
- Combine mustard, honey and bourbon; set aside.
- Cut 3 shallow slits in chicken to help mustard coating penetrate and flavour the inside.
- Roll chicken first in mustard mixture, then gingersnap crumbs. If making ahead, refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for about 25 minutes.
Tip: For the kiddies, make chicken fingers instead—just leave out the bourbon!