By Carmine Accogli
Yield: 2 pizzas (dough balls)
1 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
6 g fresh yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
300 g plus 25 g semolina flour, divided
- Combine warm water, sugar, fresh yeast and olive oil in a medium bowl. Stir. Let stand.
- In a separate bowl, combine salt and 300 g flour.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry. Knead dough until it comes together and is no longer sticking to the bowl, then place it onto a semolina-dusted table and cut into 2 balls.
- Place balls onto a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet and cover with a damp cloth.
- Let dough rest in a warm place for about an hour before stretching. Refrigerate or freeze unused portions for future use.