How nice is too nice? Relationship expert Hina Khan puts your politesse to the test with a true/false quiz designed to find out: Are you a bulldozer? Or a pushover? Tally your trues below to see how far you'll go to keep other people happy.
- If someone cuts in front of you in line, you say nothing and vent on Twitter or Facebook later.
- You're always letting your co-workers—who always interrupt you—ramble on about last night's big show.
- If a woman bumps into you with her stroller, you apologize for being there.
- You're always paying the difference for a friend who never forks up enough cash for group dinners.
- Weird guys are always talking to you at coffee shops, and you can never seem to get out of the conversation.
- Your boyfriend is always leaving his dishes in the sink...and you're always washing them.
- You're horrible at taking a compliment.
- Your medicine cabinet is full of beauty products that your hair stylist, friends and salespeople have recommended.
- You're the first person on everyone's emergency-contact list.
Tally Your Trues
You know what you want and you're not afraid to ask for it! Your friends come to you when they want a direct answer or need help negotiating their cable bill!
4-6: Balanced Being
You are a collaborator, who can be assertive when necessary but ultimately strives to find a win-win solution for conflicts.
7-9: Total Doormat
You avoid conflict and are often so accommodating that you find yourself getting the shorter end of the stick.
Hina says... Own your life. Don't be afraid to go after what you want! It's up to you to change how you live your life and how people perceive you; it's never too late to mix it up!