Life is messy, but the cleanup doesn't have to be. Our domestic diva, Sara Lynn Cauchon, reveals a few creative cleaners that will not only save you money, but also a lot of grief!
Wine on the rug? Try vinegar!
- Blot (don't rub) the spill immediately with two or three SpongeTowels sheets.
- Spritz remaining mark with vinegar-and-water solution from a spray bottle. (Do not pour directly on rug or you will spread the stain.)
- Blot with SpongeTowels sheets until the liquid is completely absorbed.
- Repeat until stain is gone.
Broken glass on the floor? Try white bread!
- Carefully pick up the larger pieces with your hands.
- Use a cardboard box from your recycling to dispose of the glass.
- Dab a piece of white bread over the smaller shards to pick up remaining bits.
Scratch in your hardwood? Try crayons!
- Find a crayon shade that is a close match to your wood.
- Fill in the scratch with the crayon.
- Buff off the remaining crayon with a SpongeTowels sheet.
Crayon on the wall? Try mayonnaise!
- Place a dab of mayonnaise on the mark.
- Gently rub in a circular motion with a SpongeTowels sheet until crayon disappears.
- Rinse clean with a damp SpongeTowels sheet.
Grease on your clothes? Try baby powder!
- Do not blot or rub the stain!
- Instead, sprinkle baby powder over the affected area and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Brush away with a toothbrush.
- Place a drop of dish soap on the stain and launder garment as soon as possible.
Egg on the floor? Try table salt!
- Apply a generous amount of table salt to the egg mess.
- Use a SpongeTowels sheet to wipe the floor clean.
Wax on your upholstery? Try your iron!
- Use a butter knife to scrape off as much wax as possible.
- Place a SpongeTowels choose-a-size sheet over the wax.
- Place a paper bag over top to protect the fabric.
- Move the iron around quickly to heat up the wax.
- Change SpongeTowels sheets frequently until all the wax has melted and been absorbed.
Make sure you're ready to tackle all of life's real messes with SpongeTowels. To sign up for new contests, valuable coupons and special email offers from SpongeTowels and Kruger Products, click here.