Scariest Scarecrow You'll Ever Make
Contractor numero uno, Frank Di Leo, shows us how to build the scariest scarecrow on the block. Be afraid, be very afraid!
- 1 2-ft two-by-four
- 1 5-ft two-by-four (body)
- 2 2.5-ft two-by-fours (arms)
- Scream costume
- grey gauze
- long and short twigs/sticks (available at Ikea)
- mallet or hammer
- duct tape
- staple gun
- Cut the bottom of 2-ft two-by-four so that it can be staked into the ground. Screw the 5-ft two-by-four to the 2-ft stake. Use a mallet to drive it into the ground.
- Screw 2.5-ft two-by-fours to the main body of the scarecrow. These will become the arms.
- Tape twig bits to end of arms with duct tape.
- Cut the Scream costume so that it can be draped over the scarecrow's body. It's a good idea to staple the costume to the frame so it doesn't blow away.
- Shred gauze and drape it over the Scream costume.
- Cut a hole in the bottom of the pumpkin, on an angle, so that when you hang it on the main body of the scarecrow, it appers as though it's looking down at everyone (leave the top of pumpkin intact). Clean out pumpkin's innards and draw or carve a scary face on its front. Now hang the pumpkin head on top of the body support.