We all want flawless looking skin, right? Here to show us how to cover up all our flaws with make-up is beauty expert Sandy Gold!#1 COVER UP THE REDNESS!Home-Made Remedy using Chamomile
Chamomile contains anti-inflammatory properties that, when used topically, will help to calm and soothe the skin as well as reduce some of the redness.
So, what you want to do is:
- Steep 2 Chamomile tea bags in 1 cup of boiling water for about an hour.
- Then, place in the fridge over night to get nice and cold. In the morning, dip a face cloth in the cold chamomile water and gentle apply to the face - concentrating on the affected areas.
- And, then instantly you will notice your skin feels brighter and more refreshed in seconds!
- A Green Corrector is used to help counteract redness in the skin and is applied after moisturizer, before foundation, and only to the areas that need it.
- Apply a full-coverage foundation all over with a foundation brush.
- If, after one application, you can still see redness, apply another layer over the redness until completely gone.
- Lastly, it's important to set it with powder to lock everything in place, so that it looks fresh all day long!
Foundation: COVER FX Total Coverage Cream Foundation
Foundation Brush: COVER FX #160 Cream Foundation Brush#2 CONCEALING PIMPLES!Question #1:
Should I be using makeup products - like concealer - that have Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid in it?
- No. Keep your acne treatment products separate from your makeup.
- Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid are used to exfoliate away bacteria and dead skin cells that may be clogging the pores. And, because of this exfoliating property, you're going to want to apply it at night when your skin is clean and can breath without any makeup congesting it.
- Also, these treatment products can make your skin dry at times, so when combined with makeup, your skin runs a high risk of looking dry and flaky and nobody wants that.
: Should you pop a pimple?
- Yes, if you can see puss, get rid of it. But if it's just red, leave it alone.
- And, if you're going to pop - do it at night on clean skin - gently with two cotton swabs and then apply a thin amount of Benzoyl Peroxide on top of it.
- Never use concealer without foundation - they are married and love each other very much.
- So, apply foundation first all over, then apply your concealer to the areas needed, and press and pat the product into the area. For more coverage, apply the concealer in layers until you can't see the blemish anymore. And don't forget to gently blend the concealer around the blemish as well - so that you don't have floating dots on your face.
Concealer: CONCEAL FX Camouflage Concealer#3 HOW TO GET RID OF DARK UNDER EYE CIRCLESHome-Made Remedy using the enzyme Catecholase
- Catecholase is found in potato juice and it will help lighten, brighten and soothe the area in and around your eyes.
- What you do is:
- Grate one small potato onto a plate.
- Then squeeze the shredded potato pieces into a bowl to get out all the juice.
- Then, with a cotton ball or cotton swab, apply the potato juice under your eyes and leave on for 15 - 30 minutes. *Be very careful when applying to not get any in your eyes.
- Then, rinse thoroughly with warm water to remove any juice.
- Then, you're going to want to apply an eye cream that is brightening and has light-diffusing properties, which will instantly bring luminosity to the eye area and will help to deflect light away from the darkness under the eye.
- And, then lastly, to cover up the dark circles, you can conceal them with an opaque concealer in a shade that is just a tiny bit lighter than your foundation to once again brighten up the area.
- And, don't forget - whenever you use a cream or liquid product - you have to set it with powder to lock it in place.
Eye Cream: Shiseido Brightening Eye Treatment
Concealer: Christian Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen