The comment to win is now closed! Congratulations to quilter1, quadventelatte, and shasha.
Financial expert, TV star and author Gail Vaz-Oxlade
came by our studio to tell us that when it comes to retirement, "It's never too late" to start saving!
Gail left us with some great tips on how to take control of your finances and make retirement planning easy for you.
1. Saving is a habit - start small and develop it. Once you're a saver, you'll continue to be motivated and save even more!
2. Put away the money it will take to maintain the lifestyle you want to live once you retire.
3. If you can't explain an investment to a 15-year-old, you shouldn't be investing in it!
4. Balance today's needs with tomorrow's wants - curb how you're spending today to make sure you'll have enough to enjoy your lifestyle after you retire.
5. Practice living on a retirement income - get used to it if it's all you'll have!
6. Instead of splurging, put extra money away for when you'll actually need it.
The best part is that we have three copies of Gail's book, Never Too Late, to give away
! For a chance to win, all you have to do is comment on this blog post and tell us - what's your retirement dream?