We are expecting our first child and have decided to keep the gender a surprise! This poses a problem in decorating the nursery. Whenever we look for inspiration, we only find pink and blue. Can you help us create a gender-neutral nursery that has some personality?
Megan and RyanProduct Cred:
Crib and Bedding, Pottery Barn Kids
Change Table/Dresser, Pottery Barn Kids
Glider, Pottery Barn Kids
Accent Pillows, Blue Throw, Decorative Boxes, Stuffed Animals, Table Lamp, HomeSense
Wall Tattoo Fabrics, Designer Fabric Outlet
Pink Storage Ottoman, Bouclair
Brown Throw, Ikea
Dog Stuffed Animals, Ikea
Jute Basket, West ElmDIY: Fabric Wall TattoosSUPPLIES:
- Fabric & stencils
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 cups boiling water
- Bowl & scissors
1. Cut out shapes using the provided templates.
2. Prepare starch solution - mix together 4 tbsp cornstarch into 1/2 cup cold water. Then pour in 4 cups of boiling water and mix it up.
3. Paint the starch onto the back of the fabric, soaking the pieces thoroughly - some of this solution may drip onto the floor while you're working, so be sure to put down a drop cloth to protect your carpet.
4. Apply fabric pieces to wall.
5. Paint on some more of the solution and smooth out any bubbles with your fingers.
When you're ready to remove your wall tattoo, you can just peel it off and clean up the residue with a damp cloth.
Download the templates to make your own sheep: Template 1
and Template 2