Ask S & C: Kid-Friendly and Stylish
Question Hi Steven & Chris:
We need help on how to correctly furnish our living room. The sofas you see are going down to the basement, but we would like to keep this TV unit. The only thing we ask is that the space should be child-friendly to accommodate our two young grandchildren.
Thanks so much!
Ask Steven and Chris
- What a beautiful space. You have done a beautiful job with the finishes and trimmings in this space.
- We know you would like to keep your entertainment unit, but we think that the split focal points are not working with the angles in the space.
- We would encourage you to create some built-ins or half shelving flanking your fireplace, which can house your television.
- We are glad to hear that these sofas are going to a different space - we always discourage having multiple sofas that are crammed in to a space.
- We would like to see you choose a three-seat sofa that finds the balance between beauty and durability. We chose this blue fabric that will stand up to your grandchildren, but is still elegant-feeling. Choose something with a high rub, so it can withstand spot treatments and jumping and playing!
- We would like to see you anchor the sofa with a sofa table. We love putting a sofa table behind a floating sofa in order to anchor it in the space.
- We think you need an accent chair that will compliment your sofa to round out your conversation zone.
- We like the idea of two x-benches under the sofa table that can act as additional seating as needed.
- We think that this new layout will work really well for both entertaining and time with your grandchildren!
Before Floor Plan
After Floor PlanWhere to get it:
Chair from West Elm
Sofa from Steven & Chris
Sofa Table from Target
Ottoman from Macy's