Hi Steven & Chris!
I'm having a hard time creating the relaxing bedroom retreat that I have wanted for a while now. I love to read in bed after a long day at work but my headboard that I have now isn't very comfy. I like color, but I'm afraid of using it and making mistakes. Please help!
AmandaAsk Steven and Chris
- After a long day at work, there is nothing more comforting that an amazing bedroom! We agree that your bedroom isn't exactly screaming luxury, so we have come up with some options for you.
- The feeling of luxury in a bedroom is relaxing and calming. After a long day, this is what many of us look forward to. We love how this inspiration room has incorporated luxury, practicality and color together so perfectly.
Image from Decor Pad.
- We really love the idea of a padded headboard for you - especially because you love to read in bed. These tufted panels allow you to make the headboard as tall and as wide as you like! Because it is a more permanent element to your new bedroom, we suggest keeping it neutral. We have created two options for you - one headboard being dark grey and the other being cream.
- GREY HEADBOARD - We can understand your apprehension towards colour, but have no fear! We suggest using a fine stripe or understated pattern with several colours in it. This way, you can pull out select colours with accessories such as pillows, lamp shades, etc. These punches of colour can be inexpensively changed if you get tired of it.
- CREAM HEADBOARD - If the first option is a little too much color still, then go for this one. The cream will instantly brighten up the space. We like the idea of layering this with mostly creams and whites to keep it airy. Introduce color slowly in small amounts - try a two-toned graphic fabric for some accent pillows!
Where to get it:
- We think that either of the solutions will give you the relaxing retreat that you are after!
Upholstered Headboard Panels from Elements for Living
Fabrics from Robert Allen