We swallow it over 1000 times a day... saliva! Homeopathic Doctor Bryce Wylde
joined Steven and Chris to talk about PH testing (and test our entire studio audience!) and reveal what PH levels can tell us about our health.
You test your cholesterol and blood pressure, but what about your PH? PH says a lot about the state of your health. It tells you how acidic or alkaline your body and fluids are -- and that affects all aspects of your well-being.What is PH?
PH is a scale that measures how acidic or alkaline a substance is. The scale ranges from 1 to 14 with 1 being very acid, 7 neutral and 14 very alkaline. The ideal pH level for your body fluid is right around 7.35 and your body goes to enormous lengths to maintain this level.Acidosis:
If your pH level ranges between 4.5 and 5.5. In initial stages of acidosis, energy may still be excellent. However. over time, the body will go into "burn-out" mode as the aging process accelerates.Alkalosis:
If your pH ranges between 6.8 and 8.0. In this state, suggishness and lethargy are common - the "fires of life" are cooling down. If your pH is 7.5 to 8 or more each testing, this could be a sign that your kidneys are secreting ammonia into your system to try to counterbalance the effects of an acid-producing diet or situation. This situation is serious, and should be addressed immediately.Interesting PH Facts:
Steps You Can Immediately Take to Improve Your PH
- Until recently the importance of dietary influences on pH have been grossly underestimated.
- From improving physical and mental energy, increasing vitality, to turning on the cells that form bone, the health benefits are far and wide.
- The health implications of a consistently acidic diet are broad ranging... since an acidic diet promotes oxidative stress and inflammation, draws calcium and magnesium from the bones, promotes stress hormone production, encourages fat storage, it has the potential to influence many chronic conditions. From cardiovascular disease to osteoporosis, from obesity to the visible signs of aging, pH matters!
- A study published in the British Journal of Nutrition (2008), showed that among 1100+ young women, there is a strong association between a more acidic diet and a greater risk of being overweight - both body mass index and waist circumference were positively associated with acid-forming foods.
- New evidence to suggest that being more systemically alkaline may help prevent cancer.
- Generally fruits and vegetables are alkaline-forming, while meats and processed grains are acidic. With consumption of acid-forming foods, calcium and magnesium are drawn from the bone to keep pH in balance and a near neutral pH in the blood.
- A more alkaline urine is well documented to enhance the process of detoxification.
- For almost a century scientists and doctors have made associations between an acidic state and many skin conditions.
- Small changes are BIG! Since the pH is a logarithmic scale, i.e. that each full numerical change in pH represents a 10-fold difference in acid load (or alkaline buffering), it is important to note that any changes in the direction of alkalinity, even small ones, are health promoting changes.
- Overall, the daily acid production in the body of modern North Americans is at lest 3 times higher than in pre-agricultural humans.
Fortunately, it is pretty easy to immediately change your pH for the better and make it more alkaline. Here are Bryce's top picks of ALKALIZING FOODS:
1. Lemon Water- Drink this luke warm first thing in the morning. He promises you will see results within a couple weeks!
2. Bee Pollen
3. Dark Leafy Greens
For more information on homeopathic medecine, visit Doctor Bryce Wylde here: http://www.homeopathicdoctor.ca
You can get your pH testing paper here: www.genuinehealth.com
Our audience went home with Greens+ formula and PH paper.