Ask Steven and Chris: Natalie's Living Room
:I am hoping you can help me warm up and organize my living room. I would like your assistance in choosing paint colours, your thoughts on wainscoting, and perhaps some storage ideas.
Thank you so much,
NatalieSteven and Chris say:
Product Name and LinksRugs, Weaver's Art Cabinet, Pottery Barn Chair, Martha Stewart
- You have a beautiful space with a ton of windows and lovely doors. We just want to streamline the space planning and over all feel of the space for you.
- Your furniture arrangements are slightly awkward right now due to both the pieces selected and the location of windows and doors.
- Working with the bones of your space, we have come up with a new floorplan for you.
- We love the red, but two sofas is too much. We would like to move one across from the fireplace. This will open up the rest of the space to maximize seating.
- We love your two Louis chairs. It is a shame that you have nuzzled them next to the fireplace, We'd like to see you arrange them wall with the French doors. They are visually light enough that you won't have an issue with flow.
- We'd like to see other chairs across from your Louis with a bit more substance. You should consider upholstering them in light fabric that will coordinate nicely with your Louis chairs. Consider something like this one.
- We love these apothecary cabinets and think they will add some warmth to the space. They have a false front on them, so they will absolutely provide you with a ton of storage
- By warming up your space with a great rug, you will gain a more cohesive look. We like the idea of going for the wow factor with a red-concentrated rug, but also appreciate the warmth of the tan-based example.
- To compliment the space, we recommend sticking with neutral fabrics for accessories and drapes to avoid other dominant colours fighting with the lovely red.