Beauty expert Sandy Gold joined Steven and Chris on the show to solve three common makeup dilemmas with makeovers! Here are Sandy's tips and tricks:
Makeup Dilemma #1 Jenny wants to look older and more sophisticated.
Jenny's before photo Sandy says:
Having a full, round face is usually a feature that people relate with looking young and youthful, so...
- sculpting the cheekbones and chin will help to add a few years to your look.
- dark lipstick will make you older than a lighter lipstick.
- darker eyebrows take away some youthfulness, so fill them in so that they still look natural but fuller and more defined.
- use neutral tones on the eyes, a gel-eyeliner and mascara to maintain a professional look that is simple, yet elegant.
Jenny's after photo
Makeup Dilemma #2
Joelle needs a solution for her red blotchy skin.
Joelle's before photo
- Use a Green Corrector, which is a product that is applied before foundation and is used as a spot treatment on areas where you might need to counteract any redness on the skin.
A few things you might want to consider when applying a green corrector are:
1. You should never be able to physically see "green" pigment on the skin. If you do, it probably means you have applied too much, so always remember that a little goes a long way.
2. You want to choose a corrector that has a nice gel-like texture that just melts away into the skin. You don't want to get a product that requires you to do a lot of rubbing or blending, because too much fussing in the area could actually make it more red.
- Next, use a medium to full-coverage foundation with a yellow undertone and apply it all over to even out the complexion and bring some warmth to the skin.
- To cover blemishes, apply an opaque oil-free liquid concealer as a spot treatment. Don't use a cream concealer, as too much blending and pressing and patting will cause the area to get red again. A liquid concealer should melt away and look like your second skin.
- Finish with a light dusting of a blotting powder to set the makeup and keep it looking fresh and flawless all day long!
Joelle's after photo
Makeup Dilemma #3 Diahann has no idea how to create a natural-looking face.
Diahann's before photo
Diahann is naturally beautiful and loves to play with makeup, which is so much fun, and I love that! But, unfortunately, she was playing with all the wrong colours!
- Use a yellow-based foundation - Use a neutral palette - Create a soft smokey eye
Sandy Gold and Dihann in Dihann's after photo.
For more of Sandy's Beauty tips you can visit her website: happiface.com.