Ask Steven and Chris: Curtains
The Question:My question is two fold. First of all, I know I have hideous curtains, but have kept them because I can't commit to anything else; my only request is that anything you suggest be easily closed at night for privacy.
Secondly, as you can see I love chocolate brown and white, but am unsure what other colours or accents to choose. Please help!
Steven and Chris say:
- Flank the window with two straight panels with grommet detailing.
- Choose complimentary curtain rod (Curtain Rod - West Elm) to keep the look seamless.
- Add deep red accents through fabrics and textural elements
- Add some new elements, chunky end tables to either end of your sofa with some table lamps. baskets etc.
- Add some artwork to your walls
- Grasscloth for some visual interest under the chair rail