Tired of the same old ice keeping your lovely cocktails cold? Hold onto your hats because Steven is bringing us creative new ways to do ice in your freezer. Be sure to try one -- we're sure you'll love them all!
Fun Ice Popsicle Sticks
-Fruit juice or drink
-Berries or small cubes of fruit
-Wooden sticks or skinny licorice
1. Insert wooden stick or fun licorice string into plastic popsicle containers or ice tubes tray.
2. Add gummy candy or fruit to tube.
3. Pour juice into container.
4. Repeat for each tube.
5. Freeze and enjoy!
Citrus slice cubes
-Lemons, limes or grapefruit sliced
-Jumbo silicone muffin tray
-Ice tea or lemonade
1. Add a slice of fruit to each cup of the silicone muffin tray.
2. Fill cup 1/4 full with water, iced tea or lemonade.
3. Freeze and add to your cold drink pitcher!
-You can use any fruit that you like or that might compliment your drink.
-Try using whole fresh cranberries to add a splash of color to your water or sparkling water
-Try using different sized muffin trays for smaller ice cubes
-Try making it with the juice of the fruit you are using so as to not dilute your beverage with water.
-Small ice tray
-Prepared iced coffee recipe
1. Prepare iced coffee.
2. Freeze portions of it in a small cube ice tray.
3. Add to your prepared iced coffee for a delicious treat and great presentation that won't dilute that rich coffee flavour!
-Different sized bowls
-Weights that fit in the bowl (i.e.: pie weights, uncooked beans, golf balls, etc.)
-Decorative edibles for the bowls or food coloring
1. Partially fill a large bowl with water.
2. Place a smaller bowl in the water.
3. Add weights to the smaller bowl.
These are great for gazpacho, berries and cream or even shrimp appetizers. Your bowls can last for hours depending on their size. Just remember always to place it in a larger deep dish or plate so that you don’t have a mess as the ice melts!
Keep your trays clean!
Sometimes, instead of popping right out of the tray, your ice cubes can crack and shatter, leaving you with broken pieces and shards. This happens thanks to the mineral deposits that settle into the tiny scratches in cube compartments that build up over time.
To prevent this, buy good-quality plastic trays and don't scrub them with anything abrasive. Clean them occasionally with white vinegar to break down the mineral deposits, then soak them in soapy water to eliminate any odours absorbed from the freezer. Rinse the trays well before refilling.
Andree's Awesome Iced Coffee
1. Add 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon to your favorite coffee grinds
2. Brew as your normally would.
3. While your coffee brews make the vanilla simple syrup
4. For the simple syrup: In a small pot, dilute 1/2 cup of sugar in a 1/2 cup of water over medium heat.
5. Add vanilla extract or vanilla bean to the finished syrup
6. Once the coffee is brewed, add simple syrup to taste.
7. Cool completely, then add milk to taste
8. Add a few of Steven's Coffee Cubes and serve