If watching Steven and Chris is the break you take for yourself in the day, here's another way to do something good for yourself while watching the boys - gym class! And with trainer Kim Kucher and Chris, it's a lot more fun than it was in high school. Kim says that you only need to do a little bit of exercise each day for that small lifestyle change will add up!
We found some members of our studio audience who were willing to put on their sweats and work out - and we want you to work out along with us, at home or in studio! This month, it's all about butts and thighs.
To watch the segment and follow along with Kim, Chris and the ladies, go to our video page!
What You Need:
Yoga mat, towel or pillow for under your knees if you have a hardwood floor
A page of a glossy magazine, a Tupperware lid, or a child's Frisbee or toy - anything that will slide on the floor
1: Squats - 15 reps (Approx 30 sec.)
- Make sure to do them as if you are sitting in a chair, then getting up!
2: Stationary Lunges - 12 reps (Approx 1 min - 30 seconds each side)
- Try to keep your hips square at a 90-degree angle.
3: Fire Hydrants - 12 reps each side (Approx 1 min 20 sec - 40 seconds each side)
- If you can't raise your leg and kick out, start with just the leg raise.
4: "Slide" side to side - 12 reps (Approx 1 min - 30 seconds each side)
- You can ‘slide' back and forth or side to side, one foot at a time
5: "Slide" circles - 12 reps each side (Approx 1 min - 30 seconds each side)
- If you have a problem keeping your balance, start by hanging onto a chair or the counter