Former wrestler Trish Stratus has hung up her boots for the bare feet of a yogini, and she came by the show to teach us a few moves!
1. Stand at Attention. Stand with feet together, shoulders relaxed, arms at your sides, look forward. Samasthiti Position.
2. Hands Above Head. INHALE. Raise your hands above your head, hands in prayer position, look at your thumbs. Ekam Position.
3. Standing Forward Bend. EXHALE. Bring your head to your knees, look toward toes. Uttanasana.
4. Forward bend/Head Up. INHALE. Straigten your arms and your back, look forward. Trini Position.
5. Four-legged Staff Pose. EXHALE. Step or jump back, lower your body down (you may take the knees down first or come directly toward the floor), elbows squeeze ribs, look forward. Chaturanga Dandasana.
6. Upward Dog. INHALE. Straighten your arms and roll unto the tops of your feet, straighten your knees, gaze upwards. Urdhva Mukha Svanasana.
7. Downward Dog. EXHALE. Roll over your toes, push hips up, straighten your arms. Press your heels toward the floor. Gaze at your navel. Relax your neck. Take 5 breaths. Adho Mukha Svanasana.
1. Step your right foot forward between your hands, aligning your knee at a 90 degree angle - place left foot in 45 degree postion.
2. Raise your body to upright position, sweep your arms up - palms facing or in prayer position. Hold for 5 breaths.
1. Open arms to be parallel to the ground.
2. Rotate and open your pelvis to the left. Hold for 5 breaths.
3. Windmill your arms back to the ground so foot is between your hands.
4. Lower down to do a yoga push up.
5. Upward Dog.
6. Downward Dog.
7. Repeat with other leg then return to standing position.
STANDING BALANCE POSES
1. Firm your left leg and put your left hand on waist.
2. Grab your right leg- hold the knee and balance OR
3. Grab your big toe and extend your leg in front of your body.
4. Open your leg out to the right (either holding your knee or toe).
5. Bring your leg back to the center, release your foot, hands on hips.
6. Keep your thigh at 90 degrees (either straight or bent leg).
7. Come back to standing
1. Firm your left leg
2. With your right hand, grab the inside of you right foot.
3. Put your left arm straight up in the air
4. Start to tilt your torso forward until your arm is parallel with the ground.
5. Return to upright and so other side.
1. Lie on your back, bend your knee so they sit close to your sit bones approx. where you can grab your ankles.
2. Grounding your heels into the ground, lift your butt off the floor, your pelvis upwards.
3. Clasp your hands underneath, shoulders on the ground.
4. Unclasp hands, bring butt down, rolling your spine. Repeat 3 times.
5. Advanced movement - do full bridge: Hands by your ears, press all the way up.
6. Do the reverse movement following this pose: forward seated bend.
1. Grab your big toes, bend your knees and straighten legs.
2. Make sure your chest is upright and back is straiht
CROW - an example of some of the more advanced movements that use your upper body strength.
1. With feet a few inches apart, squat down, knees wider than your hips.
2. Place hands on the floor, bend your elbows so the backs of your upper arm is against the chins.
3. Acting like a ledge, place your folded leg/shin against upper arm.
4. Slowly lift the balls of your feet and go onto your tippy-toes while leaning forward, keep your head and eyes up.
5. Keep leaning until the balls of your feet lift off the ground.
6. Stay here or straighten the elbows and stay for a few breaths.
7. Slowly lower your feet back to the ground.
SAVASANA - your reward!
1. Lie on your back, arms at your sides, palms facing up.
2. Close your eyes.
3. Completely relax.
Visit Stratusphere Yoga at:
Visit Trish's MySpace: