Tiffany Pratt, owner of "Glitter Pie Art Studio" in Toronto is here to shows us how to keep your kids' entertained with two cool crafts.
Craft Project #1
Glitter Pie Create-a-clutch
Things you will need:
*Clear packing tape or two rolls clear Mac Tac
*Cut paper (pieces that you hunt out of a magazine or otherwise)
*Sharp scissors or pinking shears/sharp blade
*Double sided Velcro
*That craft loving feeling
1. Lay your packing tape in strips or your Mac Tac sticky side up and masking tape your corners down so that the tape does not move as you place down images.
2. Start placing your favorite cut paper images face down on the sticky paper and continue to layer your fabrics/sequins/glitter/confetti/pictures until you no longer see any clear sticky paper.
3. Gently place your second layer of sticky paper on top of the images to freeze the placement of the trinkets that you so lovingly placed.
4. Now trim the edges of your sticky paper piece with scissors or pinking shears for a pretty accent.
5. Choose which side of the sticky paper spectacular you want to be displayed. Then flip the showy side of the paper three quarters of the way up the length of the "clutch”. To keep your desire clutch shape calmly staple an industrial seam with a stapler up both sides of the clutch. (You can sometimes find coloured staples--they look fabulous!)
6. Put the double-sided Velcro on the center of the top flap and the top of the clutch so that it creates a seal/ flap for your clutch.
7. Using a hot glue gun, accent the outside of the clutch with your favorite button.
It takes minimal time and makes a great gift or pencil case and can be personalized anyway to blow the minds of friends and family alike---Congrats to you!
Craft Project #2
Glitter Pie Noodle Brooch Spectacular
Things you will need:
*Un-cooked Noodle nest (Capelli noodle preferred)
*Liquid watercolor or diluted tempera paint
*Mod Podge (glazing glue)
*Glitter (we love clear glitter)
*Household found jems:
- Gumball machine prize
- Anything you have that you think is beautiful
*Metal Pin backing
*Hot glue gun
*A creative whim
1. Place your noodle nest on a sheet of wax paper and start painting with one or five colours of your choice.
2. Once the paint is tacky/dry add a dense, icing thick layer of mod podge all over the nest front and back. While the podge is still wet add your glitter and let dry overnight. (The thick layer of podge that you add will dry to make the noodle nest strong for your creative genius the next morning).
3. In the morning while still in your dressing gown you can transform it into an art piece by indulgently adding trinkets from all over the house or junk drawer to the center section of your noodle broach (or wherever you see fit) with your fired up glue gun.
4. Feathers are the final finishing to your noodle nest spectacular. Place one or five in a fun cluster to the back of your noodle nest.
5. Finally you are ready to add your pin. You may need to place a small cardboard disc on top of some feathers on the back to securely affix the metal pin to the back of the broach.
6. TADA! You have a broach you made yourself---YOU ROCK!
To learn more about Glitter Pie, visit www.glitterpie.ca