Dr. Mike Virro stopped by to dispel some common pregnancy myths and impart some real tips, which will help make your dream of children a reality!
Dr. Virro's 6 Tips for Pregnancy:
1) Don't wait too long
2) Have sex more often (the window of ovulation is short)
3) Guys, stay out of the hot bath.
4) Lose weight if you're obese, gain weight if you're skinny.
5) Stop smoking cigarettes and marijuana.
6) If you're not pregnant after trying for a year, seek professional help.
1) Tight underwear harm sperm - they don't, but heat can cause problems.
2) Sexual position does not matter
3) Gravity (i.e.: putting a pillow under the female's bum or standing on your head) will not help.
4) Stress does not keep you from getting pregnant.
5) You cannot eat certain foods to make a boy or girl more likely.
Men who cycle more than 100 km per week put their fertility at risk
Studies have shown that abstaining from sex for more than seven days can decrease the male partner's fertility. Any gain in sperm counts from lack of use is more than offset by the increased number of aged sperm cells with lower fertilization potential.
Visit Dr. Mike online at: