It's the time of year for ghosts and goblins and no one knows spirits better than Psychic Nikki! On the show, she shared some of her favourite ghost stories, talked about how you can tell if you have a spirit living in your house, and answered questions from some of our audience members.
Nikki on spirits:
- A lot of children see spirits - like 'The Sixth Sense'. If someone passed, you might see them and others don't. It depends. She's heard all kinds of stories. a lot of ghosts tend to hover over beds - it's a mystery why but maybe it's a love connection, the closeness.
- Pets and people who have passed can hear you so it's worth chatting with them.
- One of her client's brother's died and he kept seeing a red cardinal. It was her brother.
- There are sometimes bad spirits. She's gone to homes where there are ghosts to try and figure out why they're "haunting". Could be an Indian burial ground. Lots of them stay in a house if they have a hard time crossing over. Could be from the 1800s. She's seen them with top hats and pocket watches. It's a mystery why they get stuck. Could be a tragic event and they are looking for their child. Very strong spirit. That happens a lot.
- Most old houses have ghosts. She feels very cold when there's a ghost.
- Ghosts with agenda are very infrequent. Like the movie, "What Lies Beneath" with Michelle Pfieffer. The ghost came out through the computer etc. It came back to tell her that the guy killed the girl.
Signs of a ghost:
- Sudden chill
- They go thru electrical - lights flickering
- TV goes on and off.
- Dishes can fly
- Doorknob turn
- They get bothered by people but they don't hurt you.
- Pennies, change, lying around - they are trying to tell you something - that's why pennies are lucky.
- If there's a brand new house on the property - could be that the old one was torn down so they're still there.
- Often she'll pick up a name for a ghost.
- People who sense ghosts will often smell a person's perfume or the food they cooked regularly.
If you want a reading with Psychic Nikki, enter the contest - or head to http://www.psychicnikki.com/ or call 416-961-7976.
Read Nikki at: