World Cup Appearances:
All Time Record:
26 games played, 8 wins, 5 draws, 13 losses
Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-finals, 1934, 1938 and 1954
Top Scorer: Josef Hugi (6 goals)
- World Cup post-game: Switzerland 0, Honduras 0
- A lack of finishing not only left Switzerland and Honduras in a scoreless draw, but it also eliminated both teams from the FIFA World Cup.
- Draw keeps Swiss out of Round of 16
- Switzerland is not moving on to the Round of 16 for the second consecutive FIFA World Cup after it failed to score against Honduras Friday in a 0-0 tie.
- Swiss coach confident despite differential
- Switzerland will be a favourite for the first time at the World Cup when the team faces Honduras in a crucial Group H match Friday in Bloemfontein, coach Ottmar Hitzfeld said Wednesday.
- World Cup post-game: Chile 1, Switzerland 0
- Mark Gonzalez scored in the 75th minute to lift Chile to a 1-0 victory over Switzerland Monday in Group H action at the FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
- Chile gets closer to round of 16
- Chile went a long way toward qualifying for the knockout stage of the World Cup on Monday with a 1-0 victory over Switzerland.
- Swiss' Senderos to miss next two games
- Switzerland's team doctor says defender Philippe Senderos will miss the squad's two remaining group matches because of an ankle injury.
- World Cup post-game: Switzerland 1, Spain 0
- We have the first major upset at the FIFA World Cup, with Switzerland earning a shocking 1-0 win over European champion Spain on Wednesday in South Africa.
- Spain stunned by Swiss upset
- Gelson Fernades scored off a goalmouth pileup to lead upstart Switzerland to an historic 1-0 victory over Spain in Group H action at the FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
- Swiss defender sprains ankle in victory
- Switzerland defender Philippe Senderos sprained his right ankle during Wednesday's upset 1-0 win against Spain at the FIFA World Cup in Durban, South Africa.
- Switzerland's Frei still in doubt for Spain match
- Switzerland's team doctor says captain Alex Frei is undergoing "intensive" treatment for an ankle injury and it's unclear whether he'll recover in time for next week's World Cup match against Spain.
Swiss out after goalless draw