World Cup Appearances:
All Time Record:
24 games played, 4 wins, 7 draws, 13 losses
Best World Cup Finish: Semifinals, 2002
Top Scorer: Jung-Hwan Ahn (3 goals)
- World Cup post-game: Uruguay 2, South Korea 1
- Uruguay is through to the next round of the FIFA World Cup following a 2-1 win over South Korea Saturday in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
- Uruguay's Suarez scores both in 2-1 win over South Korea
- Luis Suarez scored on a right-footer with 10 minutes to go, sending Uruguay through to the FIFA World Cup quarter-finals with a 2-1 win over South Korea on Saturday afternoon.
- World Cup post-game: Nigeria 2, South Korea 2
- South Korea advanced to the knockout stage for the first time since 2002 by earning a 2-2 draw Tuesday with Nigeria, which was eliminated after going winless in the group stage.
- South Korea squeaks into round of 16
- South Korea and Nigeria battled to a see-saw draw on Tuesday, with the 2-2 result seeing the Asian team through to the knockout stages of the World Cup.
- World Cup post-game: Argentina 4, South Korea 1
- Gonzalo Higuain recorded the first hat trick of the 2010 World Cup to guide Argentina to a 4-1 win over South Korea in Johannesburg.
- Argentina routs South Korea
- Gonzalo Higuain scored a hat trick as Argentina beat South Korea 4-1 at the World Cup on Thursday, putting the South Americans on the brink of qualifying for the next round.
- FIFA probing no-shows at South Korea vs. Greece
- FIFA is investigating whether transport and ticket distribution systems failed after at least 8,000 seat-holders did not attend the World Cup match between South Korea and Greece in Port Elizabeth.
- South Korea shuts out Greece
- South Korea scored once in each half to beat Greece on Saturday afternoon in the first game of Group B at the World Cup 2010.
- Cho Yong-Hyung: South Korea’s defensive everyman
- Cho Yong-Hyung is praised in the K-League for his positional sense and steadiness under pressure.
- Breaking down the Asian qualifiers
- The form of the South Korean side in the run-up to the finals has been such that there is no need for pessimism -- the Koreans have proven themselves well equipped for this year's World Cup.
South Koreans dealt crushing blow