World Cup Appearances:
All Time Record:
3 games played, 0 wins, 0 draws, 3 losses
Best World Cup Finish: 1st round, 1982
Top Scorer: Steve Summer, Steve Wooddin (1 goal)
- World Cup post-game: New Zealand 0, Paraguay 0
- A scoreless draw against New Zealand was all Paraguay needed to become the fourth South American club to advance to the round of 16.
- Kiwis believe football future is bright
- New Zealand coach Ricki Herbert has every reason to be proud of his team, despite its first-round elimination at the World Cup.
- Paraguay takes Group F after draw
- Paraguay and New Zealand played to a scoreless draw on Thursday in the FIFA World Cup, which saw another South American team advance and the Kiwis left disappointed.
- World Cup post-game: Italy 1, New Zealand 1
- World champion Italy was aided by a controversial penalty in earning a 1-1 draw against New Zealand at the FIFA World Cup in Nelspruit on Sunday.
- New Zealand shocks Italy with a draw
- Shane Smeltz scored seven minutes in and New Zealand was able to hold off all but one Italian reply as the teams drew 1-1 on Sunday afternoon at the FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
- World Cup post-game: Slovakia 1, New Zealand 1
- Winston Reid scored in injury time to help New Zealand earn a 1-1 draw against Slovakia on Tuesday in Rustenburg, South Africa, in Group F action from the World Cup.
- Kiwis score late to tie Slovakia
- Winston Reid scored in the final seconds of extra time on Day 5 of the World Cup to lead New Zealand to a 1-1 tie with Slovakia.
- Chile beats New Zealand in training match
- Gonzalo Fierro and Esteban Paredes each scored, helping Chile beat New Zealand 2-0 in a training match Wednesday.
- Vice-captain Tim Brown rejoins squad
- New Zealand vice-captain Tim Brown will rejoin his teammates at the World Cup in South Africa after making a "remarkable" recovery from surgery on his broken shoulder.
- Chris Killen: Providing the killer blow
- Chris Killen is six feet of muscle. Regardless of niggling, persistent pains, the 28-year-old is impressive to look at on the football pitch
Kiwis can't top Albirroja