World Cup Appearances:
All Time Record:
3 games played, 1 win, 0 draws, 2 losses
Best World Cup Finish: 1st round, 2006
Top Scorer: Aruna Dindane (2 goals)
- World Cup post-game: Ivory Coast 3, N. Korea 0
- The Ivory Coast's 3-0 win over North Korea was not enough to move on to the second round of the FIFA World Cup.
- Ivory Coast beats North Korea 3-0, fails to advance
- The Ivory Coast posted a 3-0 win over North Korea at the World Cup Friday, but the Elephants still won't advance to the Round of 16.
- World Cup post-game: Brazil 3, Ivory Coast 1
- Luis Fabiano scored a pair of goals in a 3-1 Brazil win over the Ivory Coast in Johannesburg, as the Seleção clinched a second-round berth at the FIFA World Cup.
- African team failures inspire soul searching
- This was to be Africa's World Cup, not just the first to take place on the continent but also a showcase for its teams to excel. Mostly, however, it's been another letdown, and the post-mortems have begun.
- Brazil's finishing takes shine off Ivory Coast
- Luis Fabiano scored twice and Elano added another to lead Brazil to a 3-1 victory over the Ivory Coast in Group G action at the FIFA World Cup in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Mixed bag of results for African sides so far
- Africa's representatives at the 2010 finals have frequently tinkered with their sides, and it has succeeded and failed in equal measure so far.
- Eriksson to wait on Drogba decision
- Ivory Coast coach Sven-Goran Eriksson will leave his decision on whether to start Didier Drogba against Brazil until the last hours leading up to Sunday's Group C match at the World Cup.
- World Cup post-game: Ivory Coast 0, Portugal 0
- Didier Drogba came off the bench, but couldn't inspire his country to victory, as the Ivory Coast and Portugal battled to a 0-0 draw Tuesday at the World Cup in South Africa.
- Portugal, Ivory Coast play to scoreless draw
- Portugal and the Ivory Coast played to a 0-0 tie to open their World Cup campaigns on Day 5 at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium.
- Drogba cleared to play with cast for Ivory Coast
- FIFA said striker Didier Drogba has been cleared to play in Ivory Coast's World Cup opener Tuesday against Portugal in Port Elizabeth.
Three goals not enough for Les Elephants