World Cup Appearances:
All Time Record:
51 games played, 25 wins, 10 draws, 16 losses
Best World Cup Finish: Champions, 1998
Top Scorer: Just Fontaine (13 goals)
- Gallas blames coach for French World Cup failure
- Arsenal defender William Gallas says outgoing France coach Raymond Domenech is principally to blame for the team's World Cup debacle in South Africa.
- New French coach promises change
- New France coach Laurent Blanc was "outraged" by the behaviour of certain players during the World Cup debacle and plans to rebuild the national team with only players he can trust.
- French soccer boss quits: 'I am ashamed'
- Outgoing French Football Federation president Jean-Pierre Escalettes says he is ashamed of France's World Cup fiasco and accepts a large share of responsibility for what happened.
- France's soccer coach appears before parliament
- Lawmakers taking part in a closed-door hearing about France's World Cup fiasco say that coach Raymond Domenech refuses to take any responsibility for his team's misbehaviour and offers no real explanation for their debacle.
- Don't mix soccer, politics: Blatter to France
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter warned French President Nicolas Sarkozy on Tuesday that the country's national team risks suspension from global tournaments if he meddles in the running of its soccer federation.
- French team 'sorry' over World Cup debacle: Evra
- Patrice Evra, who was dropped as France captain during the World Cup, acknowledged the squad's walkout from a training session at the tournament was a fiasco and apologized on behalf of the players.
- French captain has parting shots for coach
- France captain Patrice Evra is furious at coach Raymond Domenech for denying him the chance to apologize to French fans for the team's World Cup debacle, and for dropping him from the last match for "no valid reason."
- World Cup post-game: South Africa 2, France 1
- South Africa posted an inspired 2-1 victory over France in its final Group A game, but it wasn't enough to move the host nation into the Round of 16.
- South Africa finishes with flourish over France
- South Africa scored twice in the first half and held on for a 2-1 win over 10-man France at Free State Stadium in Bloemfontein on Monday.
- French coach rips into World Cup squad
- France coach Raymond Domenech says his players acted like imbeciles in protesting Nicolas Anelka's expulsion by refusing to train only two days before the match that decides their FIFA World Cup future.
French go down in flames after farcical tournament