World Cup Appearances:
All Time Record:
92 games played, 64 wins, 14 draws, 14 losses
Best World Cup Finish: Champions, (1958, 1962, 1970, 1994 and 2002
Top Scorer: Ronaldo (15 goals)
- Dunga fired as Brazil coach
- The Brazilian Football Federation (CBF) says Dunga and the rest of the technical staff on Brazil's national team have been dismissed after the side's early exit from the World Cup.
- Brazil returns home to warm reception
- Brazil's national team returned home Sunday to a friendly welcome despite its surprise elimination from the World Cup quarter finals.
- Brazil doctor says Kaka was never fully fit
- Brazil's team doctor says Kaka was not fully fit to play at the World Cup.
- World Cup post-game: Netherlands 2, Brazil 1
- Wesley Sneijder's header in the 68th minute sent the Netherlands to a 2-1 victory over Brazil and a berth in the FIFA World Cup semifinals.
- Scolari says he's not taking Dunga's job
- Former national team coash Luiz Felipe Scolari is not planning on taking over for Dunga.
- Brazil, Ghana fail to close the deal
- In the end Brazil and Ghana lost more than a football match. The Black Stars, carrying the hopes of an entire continent, lost their nerve. Brazil, the most powerful force in the world game, lost the plot.
- Dutch master art of winning ugly
- The Netherlands booked a spot in the final four by abandoning the open and adventurous soccer they are renowned for, and replacing it with a more pragmatic style.
- Dutch beat Brazil in World Cup upset
- Wes Sneijder scored the winner on a header as the Netherlands upset 10-man Brazil and moves to the semifinals of the FIFA World Cup.
- Dunga suggests he's done as Brazil coach
- Dunga has hinted he will not stay on as coach of the Brazilian national team following its elimination by the Netherlands in the quarter-finals of the World Cup.
- Robinho believes more goals will come
- Robinho thinks he needs to do more to help Brazil win a sixth World Cup title, despite playing well and scoring his first World Cup goal in the 3-0 second-round win over Chile
Selecao send Chile packing