FIFA extends bin Hammam suspension over 'serious violations'
Former FIFA presidential candidate Mohamed bin Hammam faces further disciplinary charges after the governing body's ethics prosecutor finished investigating his financial affairs.
FIFA says bin Hammam's suspension from world football, which was due to expire on Friday, has therefore been extended "given the seriousness of the violations" alleged.
FIFA says prosecutor Michael Garcia sent copies of his final report and investigation files to bin Hammam and ethics judge Joachim Eckert.
Eckert has asked bin Hammam to respond within 45 days, FIFA says.
Garcia has led a search for fresh evidence that bin Hammam bribed Caribbean voters last year, and examined an audit of the Qatari's financial management of Asian Football Confederation accounts and contracts.
Bin Hammam denies wrongdoing and got his FIFA life ban lifted in a sports court.