Fabio Capello has committed to coach England to the 2012 European Championship by asking for his contract to be rewritten so his position won't be reviewed after the World Cup.
Capello, who took charge of England in 2008, was due to meet Football Association officials after the World Cup to determine whether his contract would be terminated or if he would stay in charge.
But Capello's lawyers are removing that clause after the Italian pledged his future to FA chairman David Triesman in recent weeks and asked for the break clause to be removed to end any uncertainty during the World Cup.
It offers England confidence that the 63-year-old Capello won't walk away from the job after being linked with managerial positions throughout Europe.
"I have a contract with the FA and it will finish when they decide to sack me," Capello said. "I love this club and love this country but I don't think about my future. My future is the World Cup."
Capello transformed England after the team coached by Steve McClaren failed to qualify for Euro 2008.
After breezing through World Cup qualifying, Capello is preparing for the tournament opener against the United States on June 12 in Rustenburg.
"Managing a national team has been a new experience for me," said Capello, who previously coached Juventus and Real Madrid. "I discovered new things about what I have to do and the relationship between the players and the manager.
"Now we are arriving at the most important moment. I understand the pressure, the confidence of the country in this team and it is really exciting. I am very focused."