Masai Ujiri or Gilmore Junio: Who's most influential?
Voting is now closed; result to be revealed on Friday
We're down to the final two contenders in our year-end poll on the most influential figure in Canadian sports. Masai Ujiri, Toronto Raptors GM, takes on Gilmore Junio, a speed skater known for his sacrifice during the Sochi Olympics.
After starting the bracket with eight top choices, we have seen a series of upsets.
Habs defenceman P.K. Subban was ousted in the first round by eventual finalist Junio.
In the second round, we had two big surprises:
- First, it was Wimbleton finalist Eugenie Bouchard falling to Toronto Raptors GM Masai Ujiri
- Then, Lou Marsh Trophy winner Kaillie Humphries lost to Junio, who seems to have picked up plenty of support.
Check out our bracket below and take part in the vote for the final.
(To vote, click on an individual candidate to go their page. You will find the voting tool on each of those pages, during the designated voting period as outlined below. Note: It is currently available only for desktop and tablet users.)
- Eugenie Bouchard advances past Anne Merklinger.
- Gilmore Junio advances past P.K. Subban.
- Masai Ujiri advances past Social media.
- Kaillie Humphries advances past Marie-Philip Poulin
(Voting opens at 12:01 a.m. ET and closes at midnight on the days outlined above.)
- Masai Ujiri advances past Eugenie Bouchard
- Gilmore Junio advances past Kaillie Humphries: (Due to technical difficulties with the polling tool, we extended voting for this matchup until the end of Sunday, Dec. 14.)
Voting for the final round is open until Thursday, Dec. 18 at noon ET. The result will be revealed on Friday, Dec. 19.