Full ice horseshoe passing
Last Updated: September 29, 2008 3:45 PM
Kristina Rutherford Practice Planner
Horseshoe passing drill
Purpose: Works on tape-to-tape passes and hitting a moving target.
- Players line up with pucks in opposite corners
- P1 and P2 leave at the same time without pucks, curling to receive a pass from the opposite corner
- P1 and P2 drive to the net (in the same end where they started) and take a shot
- After they make the pass, P3 and P4 skate to the opposite end, curl and receive a pass from the next player in line
- The drill continues with each player first making a pass and then skating to the other end of the ice to receive a pass
- Keys components to work on include heads up passing, controlling the puck and calling for the pass
- One variation is to have two players leave at once to create a 2 on 0 rush.