CANADIAN TIRE NHL ACCURACY SHOOTING
- Four players from each team compete (one Rookie, three All-Stars)
- 4 passers from each team
- Order of shooters - Rookies, three All-Stars
- Matt Read, PHI (rookie) - 14.011s, 16.361 (final)
- Jason Spezza, OTT - 18.639
- Steven Stamkos, TB - 44.684
- Daniel Sedin, VAN - 21.459
- *WINNER* Jamie Benn, DAL - 13.583, 10.204 (final)
- Cody Hodgson, VAN (rookie) - 20.989
- Tyler Seguin, BOS - 30.092
- Marian Hossa, CHI - 15.846
Competition Rules and Regulations
- The referee shall make all necessary rulings regarding the skills competition events.
- Prior to the competition the team captains will determine which players are participating in which event and order of participation.
- Tie Situation - Captains participate in a shootout if the competition ends in a tie. Captains chose their Goalie.
- Five points available
- Winner of each match up scores one point
- Four destructible styrofoam targets 15 inches in diameter are attached to the goal posts of both goals, one target in each corner.
- Two players, one on each side of each goal, alternately pass pucks to a shooter positioned 25 feet out from the goal line.
- Shooters compete at one end, alternating attempts.
- The shooter who hits each of the four targets in the least amount of time wins the match.
- Any contact of a target by a puck that is shot is scored as a hit.
- The player with the fastest time from each team will go head-to-head for the title of the NHL’s Most Accurate Shooter.
- If any match up ends in a tie, both players shoot again.