Stanley Cup Playoffs: Wednesday's Need To Know
Cory Schneider was at practice, but it looks like Roberto Luongo will start Game 1 against the Sharks. Which Penguin will fill in for Sidney Crosby? What's the latest from the Maple Leafs and Bruins locker rooms? Get up to speed on the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Get up to speed ahead of tonight's post-season tilts
The puck drops on three conference quarter-final series on Wednesday, all of which have their fair share of storylines and question marks. Here's a list of things you need to know, which we'll update throughout the day:
- The big question (like it has been in Vancouver over the past couple of seasons) was who will be starting in goal for the Canucks. Cory Schneider returned from his "body injury," for practice on Wednesday morning, but it will be Roberto Luongo who starts in Game 1 against San Jose.
- How did Luongo take the news? Sounds like he's excited.
- Schneider was at practice in Vancouver this morning, but where is Ryan Kesler?
- The status of Penguins captain Sidney Crosby for Game 1 against the Islanders went from in doubt to ruled out around noon ET.
- Who will be tapped to fill in for Crosby on the top line? Looks like that may fall to Jussi Jokinen.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs officially make their return to the post-season in Boston when they take on the Bruins in Game 1. Is the spotlight shining brighter on anyone than Phil Kessel? Probably not, but Tim Wharnsby says that's to be expected.
- The Leafs' Nazem Kadri sounds upbeat about his team's matchup, calling it "very, very winnable."
- That may be easier with Toronto centre Tyler Bozak active for tonight's game.
- How important are Game 1 victories? Well, this stat leads us to believe they are pretty important.