Stanley Cup Playoffs: Tuesday's Need To Know
Stay up to date with news & notes from around the NHL
While the puck won't drop on Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final until Wednesday night on Hockey Night In Canada, there's plenty of action around the league, and it's not just the Blackhawks and Bruins making headlines.
The rest of the teams that didn't quite make it to their ultimate goal in 2013 are already retooling for next season. Stay up to date on all the news from around the NHL with this list, which will be updated throughout the day:
- Bruins fans sent their team to Chicago with a rousing goodbye.
- Tuukka Rask arrived in Boston from Toronto in a trade for Andrew Raycroft. But it could have been another Leaf dealt to Beantown, instead. Who was it? Peter Chiarelli has your answer here.
- Have the Blackhawks decided to switch up some of their line combinations? And is Viktor Stalberg the odd man out for Game 1? Joel Quenneville was less than forthcoming.
- The New York Rangers will have a chat with former Vancouver bench boss Alain Vigneault, who would represent a sea change in demeanour from outgoing Blueshirts coach John Tortorella.
- Speaking of "Torts," it looks like there are whispers of interest on the part of the Dallas Stars.
- The last we saw of Carey Price, he left the final game of the Canadiens' season with an injury. Now his former goalie coach is speaking out about the "deterioration" of Montreal's star goaltender.
- There are concerns in Winnipeg that "Big Buff" is getting a little too big, and that Dustin Byfuglien's conditioning has turned into more than a minor problem.
- It's Stanley Cup season, so something would be amiss if we didn't mention one of the NHL's greatest playoff performers, Claude Lemieux. The Conn Smythe Award winner recently picked up a less prestigious award this week, being crowned the "most hated athlete in Michigan." Sounds about right.
- Congrats to Hockey Night In Canada alumni Harry Neale, who was named the recipient of the Foster Hewitt Memorial Award by the Hockey Hall of Fame.