The path to the Stanley Cup is a marathon, not a sprint.
The Bruins, Maple Leafs, Capitals and Rangers are well aware of this, but they'll need a stupendous kick to finish off the first leg of that journey in their Game 7 matchups on Monday night.
Ahead of those do-or-die scenarios, here's a list of things you need to know, which we'll update throughout the day:
- The Leafs' confidence is high after their Game 6 win, but probably not as high as their fans' confidence.
- And that confidence isn't without merit, as these numbers provided by Tim Wharnsby illustrate.
- There will be no supplemental discipline for Capitals defenceman Mike Green after this cross-check to the mouth of the Rangers' Derek Dorsett.
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped everything that came his way in Game 6, but can (defensive-minded) Alex Ovechkin and the Capitals stay undefeated on home ice?
- Well, a certain wizard (no, not Ray Whitney) doesn't think the Caps can.
- Looking ahead to Round 2, the Jason Spezza watch continues for the Senators as the prepare for the Penguins.
- With the Habs eliminated from the aforementioned marathon, P.K. Subban is heading to join Team Canada at the IIHF hockey worlds.
- Oh, just checking: did you get the memo, Leafs Nation?