Stanley Cup Playoffs: Friday's Need To Know
Stay up to date with all the news & notes before tonight's action
Three teams could be sent packing on Friday night, as the Maple Leafs, Blues, and Red Wings face elimination, while the the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals try and get the edge in their series with Game 5 on tap in D.C.
Here's a list of things you need to know, which we'll update throughout the day:
- The Bruins will try and close out the Maple Leafs without the services of defenceman Wade Redden, who is, according to coach Claude Julien, day-to-day.
- If the Leafs are to avoid a five-game playoff exit, Hockey Night In Canada's Tim Wharnsby says Toronto goalie James Reimer needs to steal tonight's tilt from the Bruins.
- Will Hart Trophy nominee Alex Ovechkin "plug back in" for Game 5 at home against the Rangers?
- The same question can be asked of Rangers power-forward Rick Nash, who saw very little ice-time late in Game 4.
- Marc Staal was back practising with his New York teammates, but will not be in the lineup for Game 5, and maybe not for the rest of the series.
- The Capitals brought up some reinforcements from the AHL, including their 2012 1st-round draft pick Tom Wilson.
- So when do all these teams play on Sunday? Well, it all depends on whether the Leafs win tonight.