Richie Incognito agreed to postpone his grievance hearing challenging his suspension by the Miami Dolphins until the NFL completes its investigation into the team's bullying scandal.
The hearing had been scheduled for Thursday.
"I will co-operate fully with the ongoing investigation with a goal of resuming my career with the Miami Dolphins at the conclusion of this investigation," Incognito said in a statement released through the NFL Players Association. "I love my teammates and hope we can put this distraction behind us soon."
The Dolphins also released a statement, saying Incognito is co-operating fully and will meet with the league's special investigator, Ted Wells.
Tackle Jonathan Martin alleges he was harassed daily by teammates, including Incognito. Martin left the team Oct. 28, and Incognito was suspended Nov. 3.
Wells met Friday with Martin and has been interviewing Dolphins players, coaches and staff this week. The NFL hasn't said how long his investigation is expected to take.
Incognito will miss his third consecutive game Sunday when the Dolphins play the Carolina Panthers. The veteran guard, who is in the final year of his contract, can be suspended without pay by the Dolphins for up to four weeks, and it's possible the team would release him rather than let him rejoin the roster.
Martin has also said he wants to play football again. He has been with family in California undergoing treatment for emotional issues.
Incognito acknowledged leaving a voicemail for Martin in April in which he used a racist term, threatened to kill his teammate and threatened to slap Martin's mother. Incognito has said he regrets racist and profane language he used with Martin, but said it stemmed from a culture of locker-room "brotherhood," not bullying.