Canadian Olympians, Paralympians to be honoured in 3 cities
Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary paying tribute to athletes, coaches
The 2014 Canadian Olympians, Paralympians and coaches are being honoured for their achievements at the Sochi Games during three days of festivities.
The events are taking place in Ottawa, Edmonton and Calgary.
Click here for the list of athletes attending the events.
Here is the rundown of the schedule:
Wednesday in Ottawa
- Medal-winning Sochi Olympians and coaches to receive awarded cheques (a total of $1.8 million) as part of the Canadian Olympic Committee's Athlete Excellence Fund.
- Olympians and Paralympians to be welcomed and honoured in House of Commons by Members of Parliament.
Thursday in Edmonton
- Olympians to join local students at the Edmonton Olympic Fair and participate in various demonstrations to encourage healthy and active living.
Friday in Calgary
- Olympians will join local students at a breakfast hosted by General Mills Canada.
- Olympians and coaches will get active with local students at a Sport Chek Sports Clinic.
- 2014 Canadian Olympic Hall of Fame Gala inductees.
- Athletes to help serve pancakes at the Calgary Stampede Community Pancake Breakfast.
- Parade of Champions honouring Sochi 2014 Olympians, Paralympians, coaches and 2014 Olympic Hall of Fame Inductees.
- Parade Red Carpet arrivals.
- 2014 Canadian Olympic Hall of Fame Gala and induction ceremony.
Athletes at Parliament Hill
The following photo appeared on the Twitter account of Canadian bobsledder Justin Kripps, showing athletes at Parliament Hill in Ottawa on Wednesday.
With files from the Canadian Olympic Committee