The final episode of Spark's fifth season aired the last week of June. Thanks to everyone who listened and visited us here at the blog. We'll be back with new episodes after Labour Day.
But we know you just can't live without your weekly intake of robots, algorithms and other bits of technology and culture, so here's our plan for the summer.
On the radio, we'll air "encore presentations" of our favourite episodes from the past season. We explore everything from binary knitting and sleeping with Skype, to Prince songs and a steam-engine computer!
A full list of repeat air dates is below. If you subscribe to the Spark podcast, please stay subscribed. Each week we'll feature a different, long-form interview. They'll come out on Fridays, as usual. For a full list, see below.
If you'd like to leave a story idea for next season, we'd love to read what you have to say. Leave a comment below, or contact us by phone, Twitter, or email. Thanks again for listening! See you at the beach!
On the Radio
- July 1 & 4: Repeat of Spark 155 - Nymwars, Opting Out, the Wiki Gender Gap
- July 8 & 10: Repeat of Spark 158 - White-collar Robots, the Steam Computer
- July 15 & 18: Repeat of Spark 161 - Skype Sleeping, Lonely Blogging, 3D Viewing
- July 22 & 25: Repeat of Spark 172 - Smart Cities, Rural Tech, Beautiful Binary
- July 29 & Aug 1: Repeat of Spark 175 - Nature Hacks, Cyber Magic, Body Interfaces
- Aug 5 & 8: Repeat of Spark 178 - Proto-texts, Early Info-overload, Ham Radio
- Aug 12 & 15: Repeat of Spark 179 - Willpower, Meditation, the Algorithmic Economy
- Aug 19 & 22: Repeat of Spark 180 - Selfsurfing, Open Government, Data Hunters
- Aug 26 & 29: Repeat of Spark 184 - Robo-readers, Livehoods, Pre-crime
- Sep 2 & 5: Repeat of Spark 162 - Solar Gadgets, Telepresence, and Social TV
On the Podcast