From Your Kitchen - Phillipines - Pork Adobo
- 2 lbs pork, cubed
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 - 4 dried bay leaves
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (if using vinegar) or toyomansi
- salt and black pepper to taste
Bring medium-sized pot of water to boil. Add pork, simmer until white matter rises to the surface. Drain pork.
Heat fry pan and 2 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, saute until golden brown. Add pork, toyomansi (or vinegar and soy sauce) and bay leaves to onion and garlic in pan. Saute together for at least 5 minutes, taste and add more toyomansi (or vinegar and soy sauce) if necessary. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
Serve with steamed rice.
Categories: Columnists, From Your Kitchen
|Radio One||Weekdays 3pm MT|
Radio Active Features
- Edmonton Champions of Change
- A spotlight on some of Edmonton's greatest volunteers, special people who have contributed above and beyond to their community.
Featured AudioAll show audio »
Please download the latest version of Flash Player to view this content.